CROPS. New! Kale AND Winter squashes (Butternut, Buttercup), Also Spaghetti. The cooler temperatures this week have us in a fall like mood :) Eggplant, Tomatoes (plums, red beef steaks, heirlooms). Scallions, Onions, Garlic, Potatoes (red, white and blues). Tomatillos, Peppers. NO Cucumbers and Zucchini – we have more planted for later harvest. Cantaloupe? Not a great year for melons – they are not holding well. Seconds for sale, half price if interested. Great flavor!
EXTRAS FOR SALE. Support Local! Peaches; Fresh Baked Breads; Cheeses; Chicken Sausages; Eggs.
FLOWERS AND HERBS (included in ALL CSA farm shares). 1 bunch mix and match. Herbs and Flowers cleaned up – the weeds were getting a bit unruly :)
- Herbs – Field B – between blueberries and tomatoes – great for drying and fresh bouquets. Lavender (young, takes a while to establish), Thyme, Sage, Oregano, Rosemary, Chives. Extras for sale (by the lb).
- Sunflowers – Field B – short walk past the tomatoes – look for the orange flags. Extras for sale (by the stem).
- More Flowers – Field A – just out front parking area – zinnia and straw flower.
- More Herbs – Field A – just out front parking area – Cilantro, Dill, Basil, Parsley.
CHERRY TOMATOES (counts as an item in your farm share). Best field we have had in years! Please pick! Roast and freeze for later use – makes the best appetizer with bread and cheese; add to winter sauces and dishes.
CSA PAYMENTS (for payment plans) – breakdown of charges. From here to the end, we will be on a weekly schedule. Thanks for your patience with our new CSA software! Any questions, please let me know.
- Double payments for Week 7 pickup (7/18-21) AND Week 8 pickup (7/25-28).
- Single payment for Week 9 pickup (8/1-4).
- Double payments for Week 10 pickup (8/8-11) AND Week 11 pickup (8/15-18).
- Next scheduled payment for Week 12 pickup (8/22-25) end of this week.
- Galloway Farm Market – spread the word – support the vendors! WHEN? Thursdays 4-7 PM through mid-September. WHERE? Galloway Municipal Complex, Jimmy Leeds Rd.
- Back to School – our farm crew of college students heading back. I am going to miss them! Thanks to a hardworking, funny and all around great crew; they came in early, stayed late and gave it their best efforts. Now hiring part time seasonal workers – inquiries, please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Crops – in the coming weeks… broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, fennel, beets and more. The fall crops look strong and healthy. Beans and Greens (our very best arugula and others) – beginning in a week or 2.
The B&B Farms Crew.
See you on the farm.