Hello from the Farm. So excited to open our main season early this year with abundant and beautiful strawberries! They come on fast and furious, no holding back! Details below, and more to follow next week. Please follow our social media too for daily pics and updates @bbfarmsnj.
- Main season (20 weeks) begins Jun 6-Oct.
- Summer season (10 weeks) begins June 27-Labor Day.
How does B&B Farms CSA work?
- For Wed Pickups (1-6 PM), check your email Monday afternoon.
- For Sat Pickups (9 AM-2 PM), check your email Thursday afternoon.
- The Harvest - farmer direct to your email, (and recipes/tips for the week).
- Pickup Your Farm Share. Based on your preferences (and our harvest), Harvie automatically generates a farm share for you. And that’s it! Bring a bag/basket and fill up from around the tables in Farm Shop AND pick-your-own fields.
- Pickup list? Options: on your phone or print it out. And we will have a master copy in Farm Shop.
- Make changes/swap items? You can do that too! Just let us know before the cutoff time, 24 hours’ notice - this will be in the email.
- Purchase extras? If available, yes. We will list extras for sale in Farm Shop. AND breads, meats, cheeses, eggs.
Pick-Your-Own Crops (PYO):
- PYO crops - included in your farm share – strawberries, herbs, flowers this week, if you want them. See PYO display for samples for your reference (for display only). Extras for purchase, if available, listed in Farm Shop.
- Extra strawberries? (this crop is also open to the public), CSA members receive 10% discount at checkout. Staff will have a checkoff list in field, just let them know.
- New PYO locations:
- PYO strawberries AND Flowers... located on new farm, next driveway over 228 S Mannheim Ave. Drive around after you pick up your farm share from the Farm Shop (recommended).
- PYO Herbs located... near Farm Shop, easy walk – we will have signs.
- Friendly farm staff in fields and Farm Shop to assist! Please ask.
Harvie and our Farm. We hope using the Harvie tool is a good fit for customers and farmers. We are looking forward to growing the farm together! http://www.smallfarmcentral.com/Blog-Item-visiting-farms-in-ky-tn
See you on the farm,
Your B&B Farms crew!